yo·kel

[yoh-kuhl]
a rustic; country bumpkin.

PNW Yokel Mountaineers

My photo
Arlington, WA, United States
Just a bunch of guys & gals that love hiking during their free time. Always adventurous, looking for the next peak to summit, we love experience the mountains and the challenges in the wilderness. Site is kept up by Cham. Photos are by Beau R, Tim C, Cham Mc, Kathy L.

Yokel Off Season

Yokel Off Season

There comes a time where us Yokels can't make it to the mountains due to the weather, responsibilities, time, etc. So we make the best of the time & environment closest to us.

Late Summer in 2009, you could find Beau R. and I fishing the stilly on a daily basis. It was the first time that I have every salmon fished (considering that I live in AL all my life), so I was game. I quickly caught my first humpy salmon and moved on to Silvers (Coho). Such a great time enjoying the river, the locals fishing around us, and the catch. The best and freshest salmon that I have ever had.









Beau landing a big Coho.





Yeah..we dominated.



Bobby G. looking for the Ducks.








We also hit the skies from time to time. 1st year of duck hunting and I love it. Ducks are a lot different and challenging compared to the Mourning Doves that are easy to hammer in the South. It takes skill, patience, and the ability to sit in the freezing cold rain. It was a good season.














If we can't hunt or fish, then we take to the backwoods 4x4 trails in Walker Valley. We will jump in J. Shepherd's jeep on an early Saturday morning and head out to get stuck with some other friends. It reminds me so much of my days in Alabama. Pushing your vehicle to the limit and go where most people can't such a great time. One thing I do love about the 4x4'ing here is the semi-traditional lunch break around a built fire. Sometimes the menu consist of some bratwurst which are so good on an open fire.





















---Cham Mc

0 a'ights:

Post a Comment

 

PNW Yokel Mountaineers Design by Insight © 2009